Linux Network Engineer
- San Diego, CA
2023-03-22 22:00:40 UTC
BreakPoint labs is seeking a Linux Network Specialist to support Network Engineering's service provisioning the Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN) and Secret Research and Engineering Network (DREN), which provide DoD clients and partners access they need to accomplish their respective missions.
- Provide system and network administration support to a large-scale 24x7 organization.
- Perform hands-on installation, hardening, and troubleshooting of network and system equipment.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of network performance and utilization analysis, to include troubleshooting when necessary.
- Perform analysis to improve system and network operation and enhance security posture for the network(s).
- Perform a variety of systems and network engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with system design, integration, and implementation.
- Strong attention to detail and the application of critical thinking/troubleshooting is necessary.
- The ability to communicate concisely and clearly, and the professional experience required to successfully work in a team
environment is required.
- A proactive and positive approach to customer service is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Proficient in Linux, and working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Relevant, technical experience in enterprise or data center environment
- Understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 routing and multicast is required
- Working knowledge and experience with data center technologies, such as:
- Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN)
- NAS and/or SAN storage technologies
- Firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs
- Network protocols, such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Network security, intrusion detection, and server monitoring
- Familiarity with Palo Alto, F5, Gigamon, Juniper, Symantec, Fidelis, Fluency, HAIPE/EDE technologies desired.
Certifications Required: IAT Level II Certification required (e.g. Security+)
Security Clearance Required: Secret (Please note, this will be upgraded to TOP SECRET)
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree Area(s) of Study Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific/technical discipline. Additional experience may serve as equivalencies for non-degree candidates.
About BreakPoint Labs:
BreakPoint Labs (BPL) is dedicated to providing premium cybersecurity services to customers who seek a proactive approach to defending their organization. Our company's extensive expertise protects Government and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, as well as both commercial and educational organizations. This range of experience has exposed our engineers to diverse challenges and threats, lending a unique perspective to our customers. We have served and protected numerous customers for almost two decades. These relationships have forged new and exciting technologies and have been performed with expert execution by our teams across the many channels of Cybersecurity. BreakPoint Labs provides our employees with a united and supportive environment. We offer great benefits and provide our employees with up to $5,000 annually for their personal pursuit of education, certifications and training. As we continue to branch out into new and exciting technologies, we ensure our employees continue to grow and expand their careers with the Company. BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected class.