Cybersecurity Threat Analyst
- Reston, VA
2023-01-27 01:50:17 UTC
BreakPoint Labs is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to perform advanced analysis of adversary tradecraft, malicious code, and capabilities for cyber programs.
• Identifying, communicating, and remediating vulnerabilities in mission critical environments
• Developing and delivering briefs based upon cyber threat and intelligence analysis
• Translating operational requirements into actionable tasks
• Validating the implementation of technical security controls, configurations, policies, and procedures
• Proficiency in vulnerability management tasks and activities using Tenable Nessus
• Applying SRG/STIGs to verify technical configurations on DoD Information Systems
• Assess and report network vulnerability exposure as indicated by results of regular enumeration and compliance testing
• Utilizing network-based vulnerability management systems, such as the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS) to enumerate, categorize, and report misconfigurations and vulnerabilities
• Performing intrusion detection functions and identify malicious or anomalous activity presented by cyber security tools
• Maintain awareness of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends, including proactive security measures and controls
• Develop and maintain necessary technical documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Two (2) or more years Information Technology experience
• Two (2) or more years advanced Cyber Threat Information
• Proficiency in Tenable Nessus and exposure to Security Onion
• Hands-on experience with HBSS ePolicy Orchestrator,
FireEye, and Microsoft Defender
• Familiarity with Elasticsearch/Kibana and Splunk
Certifications Required: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) [EC-Council]
Security Clearance Required: Interim Top Secret
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology, or Cybersecurity, or related study
About BreakPoint Labs:
BreakPoint Labs (BPL) is dedicated to providing premium cybersecurity services to customers who seek a proactive approach to defending their organization. Our company's extensive expertise protects Government and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, as well as both commercial and educational organizations. This range of experience has exposed our engineers to diverse challenges and threats, lending a unique perspective to our customers. We have served and protected numerous customers for almost two decades. These relationships have forged new and exciting technologies and have been performed with expert execution by our teams across the many channels of Cybersecurity.
BreakPoint Labs provides our employees with a united and supportive environment. We offer great benefits and provide our employees with up to $5,000 annually for their personal pursuit of education, certifications and training. As we continue to branch out into new and exciting technologies, we ensure our employees continue to grow and expand their careers with the Company.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected class.