Cyber Security Threat Analyst
- Wright Patterson Airforce Base , OH
2022-07-13 03:32:08 UTC
Breakpoint Labs is hiring a Cyber Security Threat Analyst to work on-site at our customer location, Wright Patterson AFB. We are seeking a team player who is interested in building a career in the Cybersecurity field. We offer our employees a unique opportunity with providing support for their personal growth and career opportunities by offering up to $5,000.00 annually for education, training, and certifications within the chosen career paths.
- Receive and take initial action on warning intelligence information received from intelligence organizations
- Perform preliminary analysis on warning intelligence information
- Share warning intelligence notifications, notes, reports, and information with end customers.
- Identify potential impact to end customer operations through analysis of warning intelligence information
- Analyze intelligence reports, forensic reports, and reverse engineering of malware reports to determine associated indicators of compromise (IOCs) and utilize the IOCs to develop and distributes countermeasures to detect and prevent identified threats.
- Evaluate IOCs derived from incidents to determine association with known computer network exploitation (CNE) groups and thoroughly investigate the IOCs for other infrastructure possibly
related to the CNE teams (domain registrations, IP ownership, VPN infrastructure, strains of malware, etc.) for consideration of additional proactive defensive measures.
- Share cyber intelligence with peer DCO organizations and end customers.
- Develop and distribute countermeasure to prevent/mitigate potential cyber event impacts to networks and information systems
- Share countermeasures or interim guidance to prevent/mitigate cyber event impacting networks and
information systems with peer DCO organizations and end customers.
- Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) required ( Or Certifications that are listed in DOD 8570 as alternatives to these certifications)
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Familiarity with DoD and Army policies and procedures
- DoD Secret Clearance, and be clearable up to the Top Secret level.
ABOUT BREAKPOINT LABS
BreakPoint Labs is a growing cybersecurity services company focused on ‘high-end’ support to DoD, Federal, and commercial clients. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, but with a presence in more than 14 states, BreakPoint Labs provides clients with services in four core competencies: Cybersecurity Assessments, Defensive Cyber Operations, Research and Development and Penetration Testing.
BreakPoint Labs is dedicated to providing the methods and means for sustainable, measurable, and effective cybersecurity operations. Powered by highly motivated, experienced cybersecurity professionals with technical and scientific proficiency, BreakPoint Labs is developing and leveraging technology to enable a more secure cyberspace. We offer a full array of benefits consisting of medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a matching 401(k) plan.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who believes in empowering people and encouraging employee’s career paths no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our goal is to be a company that is obviously diverse and inclusive of all, and one whose work culture is respectful to all employee’s values. We believe in supporting our Veterans and do so by encouraging and considering Veterans to apply for our employment opportunities.