Senior Software Developer
- Software Development
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Remote friendly
2022-06-21 16:08:41 UTC
BPL has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer. Our team of SMEs have been working with our customer for over 15 years developing and designing the most advanced tools in the industry. We love creative and passionate Developers who "think outside the box" and who are not afraid to aggressively design cybersecurity tools for the nations most important defense networks. This position will work in the Ft. Belvoir lab 2-3 days each week utilizing the classified network, and perform in a remote capacity the remainder of the week. The setting is a collaboration of some of the top minds in the nation working together. If you are up for joining a team who is passionate about the mission and who are the best in their field, please contact us.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess 5 or more years of experience) to join our software development team. The ideal candidate has a strong background in cybersecurity concepts, especially defensive cybersecurity operations. The candidate will support the development of backend and corresponding front-end applications. Candidate must have a strong understanding of current software engineering practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with other developers and engineers to write and support applications
* Troubleshoot software issues and develop solutions
* Draft and maintain technical documentation
* Package application for deployment using Docker
Required Experience Required:
* Five (5) years of experience in the development, deployment, operation, and maintenance of software applications.
* Experience with distributed applications.
* Strong Linux administration and development experience.
* Familiar with Docker.
* Experience with Git version control system.
* At least three (3) years of experience working in a DoD environment and knowledgeable about STIGs, SRGs, and accreditation processes.
* Excellent written and oral communicator.
Education Required: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
Certifications required: Certifications Security+ Continuing Education (CE) [CompTIA] and ability to maintain IAT Level II DoD certifications.
Clearance Level Required: DoD Secret clearance or Interim
- Must be a resident of United States