Chief of Staff
- Operations & Finance
- 120K - 140K USD a year
2022-05-16 04:17:05 UTC
Themis Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff role at Themis is a generalist operator who solves problems, gets things done, and can operate independently. This role is expected to last 18-24 months, after which the Chief of Staff would move to another role internally in an operational capacity.
Themis is a collaboration workflow tool (this airtable), but prescriptive to Governance, Risk and Compliance workflows. The workflows in Themis represent different regulatory obligations required for banks to partner with fintechs. Themis also serves as plug and play compliance department for fintechs. Themis has raised $9m and is working with reputable clients in banking and fintech. It's probably the coolest compliance tool you've seen.
· Coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities and follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships with potential clients and investors
· Handle all logistics for team meetings, board meetings, and team offsites: drafting agendas; developing, compiling, and distributing presentation materials
· Research competitors and assist with Go-to-Market strategy
· Submit information for speaking engagements and conferences
· Special projects - extra set of hands that drive business insights and operational improvement (examples may include handling finance, accounting, and HR vendors; running SOC 2 process, researching an industry Themis is expanding into)
We are a fun and tight-knit team with intense focus while striving to make the building of our product fun and approachable.
We believe in people and give them every opportunity to grow. We believe we do our best work when team members are given autonomy to solve problems creatively.
We encourage people to research and leverage innovative tools that can be applied to a traditionally slow-based and highly manual industry.
We are focused on speed and quality and are not afraid to narrow the scope to its essence. To achieve these standards we use modern tools with minimal process and focus on the problems of the day.
And most importantly, we want you to bring your personality to work and have fun!
· 2-4 years in consulting, strategy, business ops, or investment banking
· Open to both public company and/or start-up experience
· Post MBA preferred
· Superb analytical skills
· An independent self-starter who takes initiative
· Exceptional writing and communication abilities with strong comfort in powerpoint and excel
· Highly organized - you will be responsible for organizing your book of work and that of the CEO
· Sense of urgency - things move fast
· Coachable and low ego - take constructive feedback well
· Strong project management coordination and reporting experience
· $120-$140k base + equity