Director / Technical Product Manager
- Product Management
- Remote friendly
- 150K - 200K USD a year
2022-05-16 04:14:07 UTC
What we're looking for
Themis is looking for a technical product manager - our first product hire at the company. We are bringing to life our vision of making governance accessible and easy for everyone. We are taking workflows typically run on spreadsheets and emails and building beautiful software to make it easier for organizations to adhere to governance requirements and regulations.
This person will initially report to the CEO and lead the technical execution with our existing workflows while developing additional feature sets. We are looking for someone ambitious and motivated to be responsible for developing and shipping product features.
What you will contribute
The product is receiving constant feedback from customers and you will need to prioritize and manage customer’s needs by working closely with Design and Engineering. The product is being used by the largest Fintechs and financial companies in the world.
A basic wireframe preview of the user experience we’re building.
· Lead Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective with the development teams
· Work closely with the engineering team to set schedules, status and details of each project
· Serve as the main point of contact for engineers on product requirements and drive effective communication
· Own product documentation and work with design / sales to communicate both internally and externally about new products and features
· Analyze product feedback, meet with customers to help guide product direction and priorities
· Research and validate assumptions, making fast-paced product decisions – even with imperfect requirements
· Write user stories, lead planning and refining and document business requirements
· Lead workshops / discussions that generate ideas and content for solutions, unearth client pain points and validate business opportunities
· Collaborate with the Design to optimize and simplify the user experience
· Collaborate with QA to ensure test cases are robust for each use case
Who you are
· At least 7+ years of product management experience and expertise in building and supporting products from the ground up
· Have an understanding and functional use of technical tools in which developers use and create regularly
· Proven history of building, leading and developing high performing product teams
· Ability to think strategically and with high attention to detail
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both technically and non-technically) with senior leaders, external partners and internal staff.
· An entrepreneurial and self-motivated mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible and prioritize responsibilities
· Experience in a high-growth paced startup environment
· Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
· Manage customer expectations and requests
· Ability to act as a contributor or coach depending on the needs of the company
· Curiosity, willingness to learn, positive attitude and self though mentality is a must
· Experience in risk or compliance software and fintech
· Experience with platform integrations
We are a fun and tight-knit team with intense focus while striving to make the building of our product fun and approachable.
We believe in people and give them every opportunity to grow. We believe we do our best work when team members are given autonomy to solve problems creatively.
We encourage people to research and leverage innovative tools that can be applied to a traditionally slow-based and highly manual industry.
We are focused on speed and quality and are not afraid to narrow the scope to its essence. To achieve these standards we use modern tools with minimal process and focus on the problems of the day.
And most importantly, we want you to bring your personality to work and have fun!
$150,000 - $200,000 with Equity
100% Health Care Benefits
Workspace in New York (optional)
- Workday must overlap by at least 4 hours with Austin, TX, USA
- Must be a resident of United States