Founding Engineer (Junior)
- Software Development
- Los Angeles, CA
- Remote friendly
2021-01-03 01:49:37 UTC
Engineering at Sunroom
We're on a mission to create joyful, safe, and shame-free sources of income for womxn. We’ve just started building our first products, and we’re looking for our founding engineers. As a founding engineer, you’ll not only write code, but you’ll get to know our users, have input with design, and contribute to the development of our product roadmap. To learn more, read this note from our CTO, or check out our careers page.
We're committed to inclusivity and we value employees for their unique perspectives and life experiences. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, identities, and abilities. Please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application.
- You’ll work with our small engineering team to build our core product.
- You’ll be working with our CTO to build Sunroom entirely from scratch, so you’ll be expected to make important technical decisions.
- You’ll be assisting in the planning, organizing, and execution of entire builds or features end-to-end, from idea to launch. You’ll shape the direction of the product by working closely with design, marketing, and our founding creators.
- You’ll help form Sunroom’s engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You care about creating more economic opportunity for womxn, and enabling womxn to become entrepreneurs.
- You’re entrepreneurial yourself. You’ve hacked on things and built side projects. You’re curious and experimental.
- The idea of building a product from zero to one is exciting to you, and you’re ready to take on that responsibility. You’re technical at heart, but you want to be involved in domains beyond engineering.
- You understand the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- You’re comfortable working across the entire stack. We work mostly in Node/Next.js, React/React Native, Postgres, and Graph QL.
- You’re comfortable with Git-based workflows, integrating external APIs and services, server-client web development, and testing your work.
- You have an insane attention to detail when it comes to front-end development, and you understand how critical a smooth and delightful user experience is for consumer social products
- Workday must overlap by at least 4 hours with Los Angeles, CA, USA