- Software Development
- San Diego, CA
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to build and operate secure systems that are highly scalable and fault tolerant, for a healthcare SaaS web application. Our office is located across from Westfield UTC and the working environment is laidback and flexible. We offer competitive salary with a full benefits package and you'll be working in a team of 10-12 UCSD graduates.
• Proactively identify and remediate security risks introduced by the cloud platforms, or as flagged by vulnerability scanning software
• Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our cloud platforms. Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and FedRAMP is highly desirable.
• Ability to dive deep into software configurations and logs to recommend security-based improvements
• Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
• Work closely with engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new features.
• Ensure that solutions are engineered with operational efficiency and security in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process
• Work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing and monitoring of our platform and network. Coordinate any necessary fixes both with the operations and engineering teams
• Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
• Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
• Perform and improve SRE & Operational functions, such as observability and maintenance of productions systems
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of Cloud Operations / Engineering experience with focus on security
• Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms especially AWS is required
• AWS (lambda, fargate, ecs)
• Gitlab CI
• Roadmap - Securing Legacy API and Databases involved - Elastic Beanstalk - Integrating Security into Development Pipeline.
• Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Python required
• Strong system administrator experience with Linux and Windows operating systems required
• Experience with vulnerability scanning software such as Nessus, Amazon Inspector, Azure Security Center, and Black Duck highly desirable
• Experience with automated test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
• Experience with auditing and logging tools such as AuditD, NXLog, AWS CloudTrail
• Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog and Graphite
• Experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud using AKS
• Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
• Experience working in hybrid environment preferred