Research Associate, Membrane Science
- Cambridge, MA
2022-06-29 18:10:06 UTC
Company mission: Industrial separation processes account for 15% of the world’s energy consumption and are responsible for 16% of CO2 emissions. This is because energy-intensive and century-old technologies are still used as industrial standard.
The Osmoses team developed a clean solution to tackle this challenge: polymer materials that operate as molecular filters and allow revenue increase for our customers while significantly increasing environmental sustainability. Our membrane technologies can transform the way chemical separations are performed today and disrupt some of the biggest markets worldwide, dramatically reducing industrial energy consumption while accelerating the adoption of alternative energy sources.
Osmoses recently raised $3M+ venture and non-dilutive funding to grow our team. In the fall of 2022, we will be moving into our brand new, state-of-the-art research facility in Kendal Square, Cambridge that can accommodate more than 10 full-time product development scientists and engineers.
· Work with our membrane scientists to develop method for the fabrication of thin-film composite membranes.
· Characterize the transport properties of membranes using gas permeation systems.
· Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of chemists, chemical engineers, and material scientists to design membrane materials.
· Maintain detailed laboratory records and contribute to regular reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or related fields with hands-on laboratory experience.
· Coursework in polymer science, chemical separations, and transport phenomena is a plus.
· Self-starter and ability to work in a creative, ambiguous, and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Why join Osmoses?
· Opportunity to join an excited team working on the biggest environmental challenge.
· High leadership and growth potential joining a company with strong momentum.
· Chance to connect with leaders in the energy field.
· Excellent mentorship and career development opportunities.