Senior I&C Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
- Remote friendly
Posted on February 8, 2024
Mantel is a seed stage startup supported by Breakthrough Energy, The Engine and New Climate Ventures. Born out of MIT, Mantel was founded by two MIT scientists and a Harvard MBA to develop the material solution to carbon capture. Our molten borates are designed to operate at the high temperatures found inside boilers, kilns, and furnaces – enabling highly efficient carbon capture that has not been possible until now. Carbon capture can be applied across industry to reduce emissions - and even achieve net-negative emissions. By solving for efficiency Mantel can reduce energy losses by more than 60% and cut costs in half, unlocking carbon capture’s role in reaching net-zero emissions globally.
Mantel is looking for an I&C engineer excited to join a promising carbon capture startup working on the development of molten salts as a novel CO2 sorbent material. The Senior I&C Engineer will be responsible for Mantel’s control system design and implementation including the design, commissioning, and operation of Mantel’s First Of A Kind demonstration system. The position will collaborate with EPCs, partner site engineers, and OEMs to complete P&ID development, equipment specifications, controls narratives, interlock matrices, control panel design, network design, software specification/programming, and data acquisition/management. The Senior I&C Engineer will also be responsible for all I&C commissioning and modifications during operating campaigns. Mantel is looking for a problem solver who can think outside the box and work well both independently and in a team environment. Some occasional short-term travel (1-2 weeks at a time) to partner and customer sites is required.
· Experience with application, programming, deployment, and support of PLC/DCS systems
· Experience in developing I&C documentation from scratch including controls narratives, cause & effect matrices, interlock matrices, and operating/troubleshooting procedures
· Experience in applying industry standards, customer and partner requirements, and government regulation compliance
· Hands-on experience in construction and commissioning industrial process equipment including loop checks, interlock testing, tuning, and troubleshooting
· Experience with instrumentation for high-temperature/molten salt/metals/fluids
· Experience with safety critical applications
· Experience with or exposure to electrical system integration/scope definition
* Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial instrumentation and control
* Location: Remote or Hybrid (Cambridge, MA)
* Compensation & Benefits – we provide competitive and holistic compensation to all our full-time team members, including:
· Highly competitive pay based on experience, option to include equity
· 90% subsidized medical and dental healthcare coverage
· Unlimited vacation policy, mental health personal days, generous sick leave, plus a week-long winter break at the end of December
· Health/Fitness and cell phone stipend
This is an exciting opportunity to be an early hire in a new, well-funded company, with significant opportunity for advancement.
- Must be a resident of United States