Bilingual Fact-Checker, Nepali
2023-02-13 21:15:37 UTC
Global Press is recruiting a freelance fact-checker to join the Global Press Accuracy Network (GPAN) and work closely with editors and reporters to produce accurate, ethical stories.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have at least one year of professional fact-checking or research experience in Nepal and be fluent in English and Nepali. Experience fact-checking for a local-language publication is a plus.
GPAN members are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for and work closely with Global Press’ managing editor, lead editors and reporters. All GPAN work can be done remotely.
Global Press Journal reporters work in the least-covered parts of the world and speak dozens of languages. We currently publish in five languages and syndicate our news to dozens of countries.
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
· Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
· Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
· Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
· Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
· Strive for 100% accuracy in every assignment
· Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
Think you have what it takes? Then apply to be a fact-checker for Global Press!
Please upload a resume and cover letter that explains why you are the ideal candidate for this position.