Inventory Specialist- Hawley, TX
- Operations & Finance
- Hawley, TX
2022-12-16 16:07:38 UTC
As Inventory Control Analyst, you will coordinate daily inventory transactions related processes such as: cycle count, inventory issuing, inventory reconciliation, and physical inventory count. You will collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Materials team to develop and implement inventory planning policies that optimize return on investment and service expectations. You will drive optimized inventory levels across the network, leads analysis against metrics to develop regular actionable insights that drive inventory performance using leading practices and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Incorporate inventory controls to enhance inventory accuracy.
· Institute best practices as they relate to inventory management.
· Perform inventory adjustments transactions (IS, RC, IA, TW, SS) in MRP system.
· Regularly verify & count inventory as inaccuracies are reported or requested.
· Perform investigative duties to discover route cause for inventory errors and develop corrective action plans as preventative measure.
· Coordinate with Plant Management to improve inventory reporting methodology.
· Train operators to record transactions accurately when transferring inventory between locations.
· Validate inventory transfers from warehouse to warehouse via truck audits and cycle counts.
· Monitor negative balances; implement procedures to eliminate negative quantity balances.
· Identify material and verify tags are accurate (quantities, bundle sizes, etc.).
· Audit locations and perform cycle counting on Production Floor & Warehouses.
· Report scrap transactions in system and identify/mark material in scrap bins when scrap transactions are completed.
· Create Damaged Goods/Scrap reporting procedure for employees.
· Recognize and suggest improvements to eliminate inventory errors.
· Ability to adjust work schedule and/or work overtime to accommodate both shifts & overtime.
· Present inventory and scrap reporting to executive management on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
· Knowledge of ERP/MRP/WMS fundamentals related to Material Master and Inventory Control Modules.
· Strong understanding of Raw Materials, Work-In-Process (WIP), Subassemblies and Finish Good inventory and processes.
· Ability to understand and analyze Engineering BOM (EBOM) & Manufacturing BOM (MBOM) structure and changes.
· Proficient in Microsoft office, Outlook, and Google sheets
· A proactive approach to problem solving
· Strong aptitude to learn new systems and system functions
· Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
· Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
· High School diploma or Equivalent required
· Bachelors preferred
· 2-4 years previous relevant experience