- Tulsa, OK
2022-12-13 15:52:04 UTC
HOSS Pump Systems is a rapidly growing manufacturer of horizontal centrifugal pumps for the oil & gas industry. HOSS Pumps Systems is a subsidiary of Extract Companies, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. HOSS has a reputation of delivering reliable pump equipment, backed by a team that focuses on responsive service, while meeting customer commitments with integrity.
The Senior Product Engineer position at HOSS Pump Systems will focus on new project engineering and product line sustaining engineering activities. The Senior Product Engineer role is primarily responsible for translating customer technical requirements into drawings and manufacturing documentation, while supporting the commercial and manufacturing teams with project execution. When not working on projects, the Product Engineer will be responsible for sustaining the product line technically through bill of material, drawing, and manufacturing documentation revisions and updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reviews customer technical requirements for new projects and prepares job packet for Drafter.
· Interfacing with Account Management personnel as required to resolve questions or inconsistencies.
· Create bill of materials after reviewing order data and customer quotation
· Checks drawing packets using Inventor CAD software, checking dimensions of parts, materials, part numbers, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole assembly or project.
· Interface with shop personnel as required to resolve questions concerning manufacturing issues.
· Update existing bill of materials, drawings, and manufacturing documentation as feedback is received from management, manufacturing, and commercial personnel.
· Serve as a technical expert on specifications and capabilities of all aspects of the HOSS product line
· Performs other duties as required.
· Good listening skills and a passion to learn
· High work ethic, dependability, and focus on details
· Strong communication skills and experience working with a variety of stakeholders (sales, service, engineering, manufacturing, and management)
· Prior mechanical design experience. May include areas such as rotating machinery, structural design and welding processes, electrical/mechanical packaging, and wiring.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Background Experience:
· Strong preference for candidates with centrifugal pump application, design, and operation experience.
· Candidate will be able to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
· Candidate will have the ability to apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Experience with CAD software such as Solid Works (preferred) or Pro/E
· Experience with Autodesk Inventor and Vault software a plus.