Training & Curriculum Development Manager
- Tulsa, OK
2022-08-11 13:27:03 UTC
Training & Curriculum Development Manager
Extract is looking for an experienced and energetic Training & Curriculum Development Manager to join our team. This individual will be primarily responsible for managing strategic training and development initiatives with consistent excellence that supports our team and employees.
The Training & Curriculum Manager is responsible for developing, executing, and overseeing the curriculum and training that prepares Extract team members to succeed and grow in their careers. Reporting to the VP of Support Services, the Training & Curriculum Manager will be focused on providing the training and development plans, curriculum, content, and coordinating skill-building opportunities needed to enhance the overall foundation of knowledge of all Extract employees, to formalize career development systems and increase the long-term success of Extract.
Essential duties & responsibilities
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop effective career development plans, content, and materials for courses, workshops, seminars, or other educational events that are visually engaging, informative, and encourage learner participation.
· Create a training curriculum, schedules, and ways to track and understand progress and help create improvements to boost learner retention and application of trained skills.
· Oversee the logistics of training activities and events, including scheduling trainers, ensuring class materials, arranging room/space reservations, and coordinating supplies, technology, and meals.
· Collaborating with Extract leadership and HR business partners to support and enhance Extract’s talent review, workforce development plans, and career progression practices for Extract employees.
· Evaluate external training offerings and programs and propose solutions to augment internal training where necessary and beneficial.
· Explore best-in-class technologies, teaching methods, trends, and best practices to enhance training programs and match course offerings to learning styles.
· Establish a method to measure training effectiveness, course materials, subject matter experts, and benefit level in terms of ROI, learner satisfaction, applied skills, etc.
· Develop post-training feedback and evaluations to help foster continuous improvements.
· Initiate and lead a coaching and field training program to boost applied skills and maximize the retention of technical-centered training courses.
· Act as a coach to Extract trainers to improve the effectiveness of trainers and instructors.
· Oversee the scheduling and logistics of training activities and events, including trainers, class materials, room/space reservations, and coordinating supplies, technology, and amenities.
· Responsible for all “Train the Trainer” learning events and programs.
· Oversee timely updates of learner records within the Learning Management System (LMS).
· Prepare executive-level reports and presentations demonstrating the critical training and development metrics.
· Present proposals at the Board of Director level of long-range plans and capital expenditures.
required skiLls & experience
· Direct experience in developing learning programs, learning content, and tools enables organizational learning objectives in a high-growth organization.
· Experience leading end-to-end program management and large-scale change efforts across multiple functions.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
· Must have training content development and classroom training experience.
· Minimum five years of experience in training, program, and curricula design experience.
· Minimum two years’ experience in classroom training or teaching experience.
· Proficiency with technology suites such as MS Office and Adobe a must. Proficiency with online training platforms such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia Studio, and Creative Suite preferred.
· Experience building a system to measure the effectiveness of courses, measure the level of benefit from training programs, and track learner career development progress.
· Proven experience preparing and presenting executive-level reports, presentations, and proposals of long-range plans and justifications. (ROI, customer satisfaction, etc.).
· Energetic and enthusiastic with an adept ability to inspire others.
· Passionate about seeing people grow and develop in their careers.
· Problem solver, always looking to find ways to work towards a solution that makes sense for the business and empowers our employees to do their jobs.
· Highly organized with great attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through.
· Strong influencer- able to gain the trust and confidence of leaders and team members.
· Individual contributor and a coach; able to strategize, lead and do the work when needed.
· Highly personable, patient, and friendly, with the ability to engage with new people and to work as part of a team.
· Master’s degree in Education or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience working in formal education, OR Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience working with High School or older students