Quality Control Inspector
- Product Management
- Tulsa, OK
2022-06-24 13:07:40 UTC
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for inspecting and testing vendor supplied products and components as well as performing reviewing products and materials during manufacturing to make sure they meet company and customer requirements, performing quality tests and identifying defects. The Quality Control Inspector has frequent interaction with other functional roles, departments, and vendors. Most work is performed in an office environment, yet this position also will collaborate with Extract’s manufacturing team members. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear appropriate personal safety protection equipment.
Essential duties & responsibilities
· Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
· Determines and uses appropriate inspection processes to confirm materials, products and parts meet specifications.
· Develops control and inspection plans for incoming materials and components.
· Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes defects, re-work and scrap, and inputs data into Extract’s quality database.
· Keeps measurement equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and calibration requirements and if needed, arranging for repairs and calibrations.
· Recommending any necessary adjustments, improvements and changes to Extract’s processes.
· Removing products that don’t meet standards and recommending strategies to improve product quality.
· Assists in handling internal and external quality issues, customer complaints and vendor performance.
· Assists with timely and effective corrective actions.
· Participates and supports internal audits of Extract’s quality systems.
· Communicates quality issues and assists with training work aids.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of inspection and measurement techniques and equipment.
· Ability to read blueprints and verify dimensional data using various inspection equipment such as calipers, gauges, etc.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and other similar software to prepare reports.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people at different levels within the organization.
Education & Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum of five years of experience as a quality control inspector, 10+ years of experience as a quality control inspector preferred.
· The Quality Control Inspector will be required to stand or walk in the production areas and sit at a desk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· This position may occasionally require travel. Travel is primarily done during the business day, although some out-of-town and overnight travel may be expected.