Cybersecurity Technical Analyst
- Dahlgren, VA
2023-02-25 04:38:17 UTC
BreakPoint Labs is seeking a Cybersecurity Technical Analyst to support RMF package creation and maintenance for assigned information system(s), using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, CNSSI 1253, and NIST Publications. This position will work on-site in Dahlgren, VA.
The Cybersecurity Technical Analyst will:
• Actively participate in RMF package creation and maintenance for assigned information system(s), supporting Authorizations to Operate (ATO) and/or Authorizations to Connect (ATC).
• Accurately and efficiently record applicable information in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) suite of modules, to include Asset Manager, in accordance with approved procedures and guidance.
• Apply and implement standards, directives, guidance, policies, and security controls to information technology/computing environments.
• Develop and maintain documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other Assessment & Authorization (A&A) artifacts (e.g. plans, procedures, policies), ensuring relevancy and accuracy.
• Support vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A), including system self-assessments.
• Conduct scans of the assigned environment(s) using tools such as SCAP (SCC), Tenable Security Center/Nessus, eMASSter, EvaluteSTIG, and other vulnerability/compliance verification tools, as required.
• Assist in the research and addressing of information security issues as required, and develop and maintain the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and support remediation activities.
• Participate in the Change Control process for assigned information system(s), as needed.
• Communicate technical information in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings. Writing/documentation and presentation skills are required.
• Employ organizational and interpersonal skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Professional experience serving as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Information System Security Manager (ISSM), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), or Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) required.
• Working knowledge of DoDI 8510, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53
• Experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (e.g. Nessus, SCAP, EvaluateSTIG, eMASSter, etc.)
• Experience using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is required.
• Experience utilizing the Navy RMF Process Guide is preferred.
• Strong documentation, analysis, and oral/written communication skills are required.
• Effective time/task management is essential.
Certifications Required: 8570 IAM Level I certification required: (i.e., CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE)
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree : Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
About BreakPoint Labs:
BreakPoint Labs (BPL) is dedicated to providing premium cybersecurity services to customers who seek a proactive approach to defending their organization. Our company's extensive expertise protects Government and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, as well as both commercial and educational organizations. This range of experience has exposed our engineers to diverse challenges and threats, lending a unique perspective to our customers. We have served and protected numerous customers for almost two decades. These relationships have forged new and exciting technologies and have been performed with expert execution by our teams across the many channels of Cybersecurity.
BreakPoint Labs provides our employees with a united and supportive environment. We offer great benefits and provide our employees with up to $5,000 annually for their personal pursuit of education, certifications and training. As we continue to branch out into new and exciting technologies, we ensure our employees continue to grow and expand their careers with the Company.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected class.