Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
- Fairfax, VA
- Remote friendly
2023-01-27 01:57:52 UTC
BreakPoint Labs is seeking a technically proficient and scientifically literate Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to advise and apply highly optimized technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts to systems engineering.
• Developing, deploying and managing large-scale cybersecurity solutions
• Designing and overseeing key analytic tasks and tests results involving complex data set
• Responding quickly to emerging threats and vulnerabilities, leading to the rapid discovery and mitigation of relevant threats
• Develop and maintain software solutions for security monitoring and issue tracking
• Support SaaS development and production environments
• Deployment of customer-facing software to pre-production, QA, and production environments
• Understands and tailor solutions to meet customer and organizational needs
• Develop and deploy tooling to monitor production environment from a centralized location, including system performance, centralized application logging, and system failure alerting
• Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the establishment and implementation of operational cyber security programs
• Provide expert technical and operational consultation on Microsoft Active Directory, Federation Services, SAML, and other related systems
• Perform Federated Authentication Services application-level management and oversight.
• Mentor other Engineers and/or lead a team of Engineers, supporting the development and implementation of strategic visions
• 7+ years directly-related experience in operational cybersecurity
• Direct experience in SIEMs, Web Application Firewalls and Zero Trust Architecture
• Demonstrated history of large-scale, enterprise operational environment(s)
• Familiarity with programming languages Python, PHP, Golang with emphasis on Python
• Experience with technologies, such as Elasticsearch/Opensearch, Splunk, Docker, Kubernetes, RHEL,
Certifications Required: Security+ Continuing Education (CE) [CompTIA], DoD IT II equivalent
Security Clearance Required: Interim Top Secret
Education Required: Master's Degree
About BreakPoint Labs:
BreakPoint Labs (BPL) is dedicated to providing premium cybersecurity services to customers who seek a proactive approach to defending their organization. Our company's extensive expertise protects Government and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, as well as both commercial and educational organizations. This range of experience has exposed our engineers to diverse challenges and threats, lending a unique perspective to our customers. We have served and protected numerous customers for almost two decades. These relationships have forged new and exciting technologies and have been performed with expert execution by our teams across the many channels of Cybersecurity.
BreakPoint Labs provides our employees with a united and supportive environment. We offer great benefits and provide our employees with up to $5,000 annually for their personal pursuit of education, certifications and training. As we continue to branch out into new and exciting technologies, we ensure our employees continue to grow and expand their careers with the Company.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected class.