Entry Level Cybersecurity Analyst
- Vicksburg, MS
- Remote friendly
2022-12-15 23:51:54 UTC
Breakpoint Labs is a seeking a highly motived self-starter to serve in the capacity of a Cybersecurity Analyst within a fast-paced Cybersecurity Services Provider (CSSP) environment.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wishes to enter the Cyber Security world. You must have a strong understanding and passion for technology. Be willing and able to reside in Vicksburg, MS and work partially on-site, and other days, have the option to work remote.
Your Responsibilities you will be trained in will be:
- Support subscriber account governance.
- Support subscriber service alignment, including organizational build-out of defensive cyber tools.
- Conduct continuous network monitoring and analysis using various defensive cyber tools.
- Enumerate vulnerable terrain in support of Tier 1 reporting.
- Provide end customers with vulnerability assessment reports with tailored, prioritized mitigation actions.
- Track vulnerability management efforts from identification, to notification, to remediation.
- Investigate and report potential false positives from continuous monitoring tools.
- Analyze risk score trends and ascertain potential root causes to risk score anomalies.
- Track compliance trends and provide prioritized list of findings to end customers.
- Assist subscribers in the deployment of Nessus agents.
- Enumerate and report instances of specific platforms, installed software, and services (including unauthorized instances).
- Validate network scanning quality and compliance IAW applicable JFHQ-DODIN TASKORDS.
- Troubleshoot credentialed vulnerability scanning failures and provide remediation guidance.
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network security risks.
- Assist in incident response activities by querying existing data and sharing matching indicators of compromise (IOC).
- Provide prompt, quality customer service with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide direct support to the Project Team Lead.
The Environment you will work in will be a Tenable Security Center working with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) security tools. You will be scanning principles and the potential impacts of intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) to scan data accuracy. You will be working with (ESM) Evaluator Scoring Metrics criteria or other cybersecurity assessment frameworks.
- Ability to learn fast, work independently, and ramp up to needed capabilities immediately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational updates, situation reports and briefings
REQUIRED: Security Clearance Level - Secret