Junior Cyber Security Analyst
- Vicksburg, MS
2022-11-17 04:09:33 UTC
Breakpoint Labs is a seeking a highly motived self-starter to serve in the capacity of a Cybersecurity Analyst within a fast-paced Cybersecurity Services Provider (CSSP) environment.
- Support subscriber account governance.
- Support subscriber service alignment, including organizational build-out of defensive cyber tools.
- Conduct continuous network monitoring and analysis using various defensive cyber tools.
- Enumerate vulnerable terrain in support of Tier 1 reporting.
- Provide end customers with vulnerability assessment reports with tailored, prioritized mitigation actions.
- Track vulnerability management efforts from identification, to notification, to remediation.
- Investigate and report potential false positives from continuous monitoring tools.
- Analyze risk score trends and ascertain potential root causes to risk score anomalies.
- Track compliance trends and provide prioritized list of findings to end customers.
- Assist subscribers in the deployment of Nessus agents.
- Enumerate and report instances of specific platforms, installed software, and services (including unauthorized instances).
- Validate network scanning quality and compliance IAW applicable JFHQ-DODIN TASKORDS.
- Troubleshoot credentialed vulnerability scanning failures and provide remediation guidance.
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network security risks.
- Assist in incident response activities by querying existing data and sharing matching indicators of compromise (IOC).
- Provide prompt, quality customer service with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide direct support to the Protect Team Lead.
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of Tenable Security Center/Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of network scanning principles and the potential impacts of intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) to
scan data accuracy.
- Knowledge in Evaluator Scoring Metrics (ESM) criteria or other cybersecurity assessment frameworks.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational
updates, situation reports and briefings.
- Security+ Continuing Education (CE) [CompTIA]
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) [EC-Council] (Desired)
- Candidate can also have CYSA+ in leu of CEH (Desired)